The Browntown Schoolhouse was built in nearby Caton, New York in 1878.
This one room schoolhouse was in use until 1955. During this time, kindergarten through eighth grade was taught in the same room.
Today our schoolhouse is still holding classes for regional school field trips. The children enjoy learning their 3 R’s from NYS certified teachers and playing traditional recess games in the school yard.